Round timesheet and timer entries to the nearest number of minutes.
If you bill time to clients as an attorney, CPA, or consultant you may want to round your timesheet hours to the nearest minute. Often that is 6, 10, or 15 minutes. These are the steps to do it.
- Choose Tools, Users and Organization
- Click on the top-level group (often labeled ‘Company’)
- Click in the ‘Rounding’ field in the properties at the right
- Click the ‘…’ button
- The ‘Rounding Profiles’ window appears
- Click Tools, New Rounding Profile
- Name the profile using the properties at the right
- Choose the number of minutes to round to (in the ‘Round to minutes’ field)
- Click OK
- Assign the new rounding profile to the top-level group
- Click OK
Now, every timesheet entry and every timer record will round to the nearest minutes you set.
See the ‘Time Log’ view to view the results of rounding. The ‘Start’ and ‘Actual work’ fields will display this number. You might also consider displaying the ‘Stop’ field. Choose View, Columns to do this.
Click on a record in the Time Log view to see the exact start and stop times, as well as the actual work field. These three fields may all be affected by rounding.